Rotary Clubs must be qualified in order to apply for either a District Grant or for a Global Grant or to submit a Rotary Scholar candidate for consideration.
Qualification is an annual process and is determined by each District in coordination of minimum requirements set out by The Rotary Foundation.
If your Rotary Club is planning a Global Grant or a Rotary Scholar funded by a Global Grant you must also determine if the international host Club has qualified under the rules in that Club’s District.
If your Club is collaborating with a grant sponsored by another Rotary Club your Club is not required to be qualified – only the lead clubs need to be qualified.
For the 2014-2015 District 5300’s qualification requirements are:
- Attendance at a District Grants Management seminar by at least two club members.
- The Club President (2014-15) and President Elect (2015-16) must sign a memorandum of understanding.
- The club must be current on all prior grant reporting for Global Grants and for District Grants.
- The club’s members must have contributed to the TRF Annual Programs Fund in the prior full Rotary Year (2012-2013).
- The club must have submitted its Foundation Giving Goals to TRF electronically by April 30, 2014.
The District 5300 Rotary Foundation Committee will maintain the official qualification list.
For more information, please contact: