What are District Grants?
District Grants fund smaller, short-term activities that address needs in both your local community and communities worldwide. Each District chooses which projects it will fund with these grants. Your clubs can use District Grants to fund a variety of activities, including:
- Humanitarian projects, including service travel and disaster recovery efforts
- Scholarships for any level, location, or area of study
- Vocational training of any team size
What projects are eligible for District Grant funding?
- A new projector an expansion of a past project (e.g. last year the club purchased dictionaries for 3rd graders at School A. This year, the project has been expanded to purchase dictionaries for 3rd graders at School A and School B.).
- A hands on project – meaning active Rotarian involvement
- A local or international project
- Clubs are encouraged to collaborate on projects
- Clubs will be reimbursed with the grant funds in May 2023
How do clubs qualify for District Grant funds? To qualify clubs must:
- Input goals into Rotary Central
- Review and sign Memorandum of Understanding and email the completed document to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend District Grants Training (a minimum of two club members must attend)
- Submit a “first-round” application by September 16, 2022
(if funding is available, we will have a second round for applications)
- Clubs must be current on all past grant reports.
How do clubs apply for District Grant funds?
- The club must submit a Club District Grant Application via DACdb to the District 5300 District Grants Chair by September 16, 2022. All projects must be completed and final reports and required documents must be submitted on DACdb by April 1, 2022.
- If funds are available, there will be a second round for grant applications. The amount given will be determined based on the money available after first round applications are approved.
- Second round applications are due no later than October 1, 2022.
How much is available in District 5300 for District Grants?
- Total District Designated Funds (DDF) available to District 5300 for 2021-22 is approximately $77,000. Club Allocation for 2022-2023
For help with the grant application process, review Grant 1 Video (located on the left sidebar in the grant module on DACdb).
Questions? Contact Christine Smith, District Grants Chair 2022-2024, Phone 702 290-6544, Email email@example.com
- District Assembly Grants Management 2022-2023 (PPT)
- DACdb District Grants Application
- DACdb Grants Training Video