Awards for 2019-2020
Start now! It is easy to get the recognition you deserve.
As you work through the process, feel free to e-mail email@example.com or call Dawn Green at 702.355.6197 with any questions.
Also, do not forget to apply for the Rotary Citation. Update your club’s progress toward earning the Presidential Citation in Rotary Club Central. Club activities must be completed between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020.
District Recognition Awards
Apply for your Club Awards in DACdb
The District 5300 awards for 2019-2020 are reflective of the Rotary Citation – the recognition provided by Rotary International, with whom you carry your club Charter. As such, we wanted the District awards to reflect the same and hope that in your quest to achieve District recognition you also receive the Rotary Citation with Distinction.
- The District Award entry deadline is March 20, 2020. Awards will be presented at the District Conference May 1-3. Those clubs achieving Silver, Gold, or Platinum Distinction by the deadline of March 20, 2020 will be considered for the Governor Bell Award. All entries for the District Awards need to be entered using the “Activity Entry” section in the left navigation.
- The Rotary International Recognition entry deadline is June 30, 2020. All entries for the Rotary Citation need to be entered into My Rotary at rotary.org.
To be eligible for both the District Awards and the Rotary Citation, clubs need to begin the year as active clubs that are in good standing and remain so throughout the year.
Achieve at least 5 of the following goals:
- Appoint an active club membership committee comprised of no less than five members and report the chair to Rotary International
- Achieve a net gain in membership
- Maintain or improve your club’s retention of current and new members:
- Improve your club’s retention rate by 1 percentage point or
- If your club’s retention rate was 90 percent or more in 2018-2019, maintain it
- Achieve a net gain in female members or members under the age of 40
- Conduct a study of your members’ occupations, and work to align your membership with the mix of businesses and professions in your community
- Sponsor or co-sponsor a new Rotary club or Rotary Community Corps
- Sponsor or co-sponsor an Interact or Rotaract club
- Host an event for Rotary alumni, and highlight Rotary’s networking opportunities
- Sponsor a Youth Exchange student or RYLA participant
Achieve at least 5 of the following goals:
- Appoint an active club Foundation committee comprised of no less than five members and report the chair to Rotary International
- Increase the number of members involved in service projects
- Contribute at least $100 per capita to the Annual Fund of The Rotary Foundation
- Hold an event to raise funds for, or to increase awareness of, Rotary’s work toward polio eradication
- Conduct a significant local or international service project in one of Rotary’s six areas of focus
- Post successful club projects, with details about activities, volunteer hours, and funds raised, on Rotary.org<
- Continue or establish a partnership with a corporate, governmental, or nongovernmental entity and work on a project together
- Use Rotary’s brand guidelines, templates, People of Action campaign materials, and related resources
- Arrange for the club’s members to talk with the media to tell your club’s and Rotary’s story
This year, clubs can receive the Rotary Citation with Presidential Distinction when they achieve the Rotary Citation plus one to three additional goals.
Achieve these goals in addition to earning the Rotary Citation to receive SILVER (1 goal), GOLD (2 goals), or PLATINUM (3 goals) distinction
- Connect leaders. Achieve a net gain of five or more members
- Connect families. Organize a family-oriented service project that connects families of your members, youth program participants, and others
- Connect professionally. Initiate or continue a leadership, personal, or professional development program to enhance members’ skills
- Connect community. Show how your club’s members are People of Action by promoting your club and its service activities on social media at least four times per month
Start now! It is easy to get the recognition your club and members deserve –
As you work through the process, feel free to e-mail DGreen7320@me.com or call Dawn Green at 702-355-6197 with any questions.
Also, do not forget to apply for the Rotary Citation. Update your club’s progress toward earning the Rotary Citation in Rotary Club Central. Club activities must be completed between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019.
Let’s celebrate your clubs’ accomplishments at District 100th District Conference, May 1st – 3rd, 2020 in Pasadena, CA. See you there!
Bronze Award – Clubs achieving 2-3 goals in each category
Silver Award – Clubs achieving 4-5 goals in each category
Gold Award – Clubs achieving 6 or more goals in each category
Patch with Silver Bell – 1 distinction goal achieved