Job Creation is the key to economic prosperity……
A New Area Of Focus By the Rotary Foundation To Eradicate Poverty:
A $40,000 Global Grant enables us to impact -2,000 university students per year-$20 each….
- 11,000 University Students in Nigeria have been taught to write Business Plans by a Team of 4 from SGV.
- Nigerian-American Sarah Philips, Rancho-Cucamonga Rotary, is our point person. Formerly Chief Legislative Officer of Kaduna State. She gets things done!
- You can send a person to participate on this team, then take responsibility elsewhere next year, maybe in a land of heritage. We’ll teach you.
Nigerian Business Plan Class
Projects completed in Armenia, Lebanon, Israel (Nazareth), Uganda, Zambia, Mexico, American Indians –Underway in Nigeria, Mexico (Corazon) & Tanzania (next)…. For a $30,000 Grant we need $10,000 matching -how about 10 Clubs X $1,000 to get another project in place?…..Can your club support?
Develop a Strategic or Business Plan
- Choose a school –maybe one with Interactor Rotaract
- Select a curriculum –JA, Making a Job
- Plan on 10 class periods
- Meet with school authority or teacher
- Train teachers to teach the curriculum
- Offer Rotary mentors to the teachers
New Generation Youth Are Creating Jobs:
- A survey in Sweden of youth 10 years after a high school JA Company class showed that 23%, or about 1 in 5, had actually formed a business.
- But each new business also hired on average 4 employees -thus 5 jobs were created.
- For every 100 youth that were taught entrepreneurship, 100 jobs resulted!
- Pursue Job Creation in your community’s schools as well as Internationally. American Indian youth also offer great opportunities.
Business & Strategic Plan Development & Entrepreneur Mentorship
- Recruit a leader and team. Involve Rotaractors and Interactors.
- Publicize widely that Rotary is pushing to Create JOBS for New Generations.
- Recruit new Members to participate.
- Business Savvy Rotarians can make a difference in creating jobs and more importantly‘Entrepreneurs’.