FAQs for DC 2017
Q: WHY SHOULD I ATTEND DISTRICT CONFERENCE?
- You will enjoy fellowship and meet like minded people
- You will learn more about Rotary
- You will stay connected with others in the District
- You will learn best practices from other clubs in the District
- You will expand your professional network
Q: WHAT SHOULD A FIRST TIME ATTENDEE EXPECT AT DISTRICT CONFERENCE
Join us on Friday May 19, 2017 for the First Time Attendee breakout session. This seminar will help YOU make the most out of your conference experience. This is an opportunity for you to meet other first-time attendees, learn about what makes District 5300 so unique; and, allow you to maximize your time spent at the beautiful Palm Springs Hilton. This session is ALL about you!
- Learn from other clubs what really works.
- Help your club Showcase and get support for your projects.
- Witness the impact our District has on local communities
- Create a stronger bond with fellow members of your club and build collaborations with other clubs
- Enjoy the talents of youth from throughout our district with the Dan Stover Music Competition, and the 4-Way Test Speech contest
Q: WHAT IS THE RECOMMENDED ATTIRE / WHAT SHOULD I BRING WITH ME?
- Resort casual is appropriate for most sessions. No caps/hats, t-shirts or pool attire in the dining rooms.
- Remember to bring your camera and smart devices to share your experience on social media
- Bring your rotary pins, shirts, and other rotary attire
- Business suit for men and cocktail attire for women for Friday Night Birthday Celebration
Q: HOW CAN I GET THE MOST OUT OF THE DISTRICT CONFERENCE?
- Engage and attend as many functions as possible
- Visit the hospitality suites
- Talk to strangers
- Register Early and Book your hotel early to take advantage of all the discounts
Q: WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The conference is open to all Rotarians, Partner/Spouses, and guests. Partners/Spouses who are also Rotarians should register separately.
Alternatively, you may Log in to the District Data Base via www.dacdb.com. Login help follows in the next bullet point. After you Log in, find the calendar in the blue navigation bar at top, shortcut called “Calendar”. This will take you to a list of events. Find the event titled “District Conference 2017”
- Remember your password to Log in to the District Data Base. If this is your first time logging into the District Data Base, use your email address as your User Name, and your Rotary Member ID # as your password. Your Rotary Member ID # is located in the upper left hand corner of the label on your Rotarian Magazine. If you have previously signed on, and have forgotten your password, click the “Forgotten Password” Line for help.
- Rotarians may access the District Data base via the district website at www.district5300.org.
Q: WHEN SHOULD I REGISTER?
- On-line registration is now open
- Early bird registration for meal packages is $225 per registrant through March 31, 2017. Beginning April 1, 2017 meal package rate increases to $245 per registrant.
Q: HOW DO I ARRANGE ACCOMMODATIONS?
- Make room reservations directly with the hotel using the following code: “Rotary District 5300”. Reservation number: 760-318-8501. Cut off date for hotel is April 17, 2017 to secure guaranteed rate of $139.00 per night.