- District 5300 offers two scholarships through The Rotary Foundation Grants process for 2017-2018.
- Each of these two scholarships will be for $5,000.
- Additional scholarships may be added if funds remain after club grants have been allocated.
- The amounts for additional scholarships will be determined after the club allocation.
- Each qualified club in District 5300 for 2017-18 may sponsor one applicant. (See District Grant explanations on the District website for qualification requirements.)
- An applicant must have been a member in good standing of an Interact Club sponsored by a District 5300 or Rotaract Club in the area of his/her college or university.
- The applicant may not be a Rotarian, a member of the immediate family of a Rotarian, or employed by any Rotary entity as further delineated by the Rotary Foundation.
- The applicant may not be a prior recipient of District 5300 Rotary Scholars District Grant.
- The scholarship is for fulltime undergraduate or graduate study.
- The scholarship can be for study in the US or internationally.
- The scholarship will be a reimbursement for the student’s tuition, books, fees, and housing and transportation expenses paid by the student or family member and not funded by other scholarships or grants.
- Applications will be judged primarily on the applicant’s demonstration of Service above Self through prior academic and extra-curricular experiences and on a proposed course of study which is in alignment with one or more of Rotary’s six areas of focus:
- Promoting Peace
- Fighting Disease
- Providing Clean Water
- Saving Mothers and Children
- Supporting Education
- Growing Local Economies
- For the 2017-18 school year applications will be due by 11:59 PM July 31, 2017.
- The application, essay and copy of the most recent official transcript must be submitted electronically to the District 5300 Rotary Scholarship Chair, Roger Schulte.
- Applications will be reviewed and selected by the District 5300 Rotary Scholarship Committee.
- Semi-Finalists may have a telephone interview around September 1, 2017.
- Finalists will be notified in September 2017 of their award.
- The scholarships will be paid out around December 2017.
- The finalists will be reimbursed upon receipt by the Rotary Scholarship Chair of a 1.) current academic schedule, 2.) expense statements, and 3.) proof of payment.
Roger Schulte, District 5300 Rotary Scholarship Chair
1235 N. North Hills Drive
Upland, CA 91784